The Majestic Pink Mosque in Maguindanao

by - Friday, January 05, 2018






Remember the tricycle driver I was riding during my Sultan Kudarat visit at the provincial capitol? He asks too much during the trip and I too in exchange asks more about their place. In between, learning how not so safe to travel to Maguindanao alone, let alone a woman, I asked him if he can bring me to the place I want to take a quick look on. At first he was so hesitant, but with so much convincing and told him it will be just quick, he said yes.




The driver seems to notice that I became so unbelievably quiet after we had so much talks going to Isulan, Sultan Kudarat, maybe because observing my surroundings makes me forget how I am good into multi-tasking (yaknow, talking while observing and listening while observing and all). Maybe there's something about this place that makes my heart pound so fast.









--------------------------------------------------
Book your trip with Booking.com! It's safe and can guarantee low price!
--------------------------------------------------




The one hour trip going to pink mosque is awkwardly silent, few locals outside, more soldiers roaming around plus different check points, clearly, this province is one of the most avoidable of them all. For me its the most daring of them all. Braving probably the top most avoidable and most controversial province in the country just to see this Pink Mosque. 



Masjid Dimaukom also known as Pink Mosque is situated at the heart of Datu Saudi Ampatuan town in Maguindanao. The pink color was intended to symbolize peace and love aside from being the favorite color of Mayor Samsodin Dimaukom wife who financed this construction.



Honestly, the feeling is unexplainable entering the province. Didn't felt any fear or whatsoever. Maybe because I still believe that there are a lot more golden hearts than that of we hear over the news not until my driver pulls off and pointed out where the Ampatuan massacre took place medyo bumilis tibok ng puso ko. As per my driver, even them who are also Muslims are somewhat hesitant to go to this place that is why he is wondering why am I heading that way, he also mentioned that the province are 98% Muslims. Most of them eyes were on me when I got off my ride. I really don't want to draw so much attention but they were all kind and accommodating so my trip still went well.












After a quick photo taken here I asked my driver to bring me to the terminal going to Cotabato to continue my trip to the remaining provinces in Mindanao. It was around 4 in the afternoon when we arrive at Tacurong. On my way to Cotabato, I really felt dizzy and not feeling well so I decided to cut my trip and booked a ticket going back to Manila.



Braving this Pink Mosque in Maguindanao last September 14, 2017 is an official entry to my 81 Before 30 Challenge. Maguindanao is my 21st solo province.

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing this, Ellie! Now I want to visit Maguindanao because of that. And hey, it's so brave of you to travel alone there! Glad you had fun :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the wonderful message!